Do you pay attention to your appearance and regularly change your look? Well, why not do the same for your pet? As a pet owner, you are responsible for grooming and taking care of your pet pooch and making sure that he/she looks the best. And you don’t even have to take your dog to a professional groomer to ensure this.
By investing in the right grooming tools, you can groom your dog at home and trim his/her hair from time to time, which is particularly important if you have a dog of a hairy breed.
Some pet owners don’t place too much emphasis on pet grooming at home since they are not looking forward to cleaning up afterwards. However, with the right dog clipper, you can get the results you are looking for without creating a mess.
About The Product
One of the best pet clippers you can find on the market is the Oster Professional Turbo A5. The detachable clipper makes it easy for you to trim your dog’s hair at home. The best part is that you can use this clipper for not only dogs, but also horses, cats, and livestock.
However, since dogs are the most common pet options, this product performs best for dogs. Here is a look at some of the main features of this product:
- Cryogenic Technology - The clipper is treated cryogenically treated after manufacturing. This hardens the blade, which ensures you can use it easily on your pet and makes it easier for you to clip his/her hair. This also enhances the durability of the product and ensures you can use it for a long time to come.
- Multi-Speed Design - You can adjust the speed of the clipper to adjust it to your requirements. For areas where thick hair, you need to go at a faster speed and when handling short hair, you have to go slow. You can adjust the speed of the clipper accordingly to ensure the utmost comfort and convenience of your dog. You can easily shave the entire body or perform a quick trim, as and when you need to.
- Universal Motor - The clipper features a strong universal motor, which sets it apart from the other more expensive but low-quality clippers. The motor is strong and can bear the brunt of a full-body trim, and you can rest assured, you can easily trim your dog’s hair, regardless of how thick or short it is.
- Detachable Blade - The clipper features a detachable blade design. You can easily remove the blade and change it, whenever you need to. After a while, the blade wears out and you need to replace it, and the A5 detachable blade system makes the process highly convenient for you.
- Made in the US - You can rest assured that the machine is manufactured in the US, unlike other products on the market. The parts are sourced locally and from abroad, but the clipper is put together in the US.
- Quiet Performance - Even with the heavy-duty motor, the clipper produces no noise. Sometimes, pets find the sound of the clipper distracting and this can make it hard for you to control your pet when you are clipping his/her hair off. With the quiet performance, you can make sure your pet also enjoys a comfortable experience when you are grooming him/her.
- 1-Year Warranty - This clipper from Oster Professional comes with a 1-year warranty. This reduces the risk involved in the purchase. You can conveniently return the product if you face any issues with your clipper.
In addition to these features, the clipper is also used by several professional pet groomers around the world. This ensures you will not have to bear any hassle when trimming your pet’s hair at home.
What Customers Say
This product has received an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon at the time of this review. This means that most of the customers who purchased the clipper were pleased with the performance and results they got from it.
A customer stated that he purchased the clipper from Oster after trying other brands and was impressed with the performance he got from it.
Another customer wrote that she purchased the clipper again after the previous clipper got damaged as a result of excessive use, because her family used it for clipping the hair of their dog, horse, and livestock.
A customer wrote that he owns three dogs, each of a hairy breed. The clipper was able to trim their hair without causing any problems with tangling, knots, or matting, make the clipping experience safe and convenient for the dogs.
A customer who owns a thick-haired German Shepherd stated that the clipper is the best when it comes to generating the power necessary to trim thick hair on dogs. However, the review also stated that the machine tends to heat up, but that is because of the thickness of the hair.
On the flipside, a customer stated that the clipper didn’t work from day one and he had to return it. Another customer wrote that the attachable blade can cause issues, especially when you have to replace it. A customer also wrote that the blade goes through the hair without cutting after a few months.
You can purchase this dog clipper on Amazon for under $110 with free shipping via Amazon Prime. You can also look out for deals and offers to reduce your expense on the purchase.
Oster is one of the best-known brands when it comes to dog clippers. Their reliability and reputation reflects in the Professional Turbo A5 Detachable Blade Dog Clipper. The clipper performs reliably well over a long period of time and is priced reasonably in terms of the value it delivers.